Foundation: Rotary Club of Colonial Park Foundation
Award: Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Award
Purpose and Eligibility:
The award shall provide financial assistance to a high school senior student who desires a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. If no students apply for a scholarship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, scholarship requests shall be accepted for Chemical or Industrial Engineering as an alternate award. The student must currently attend Dauphin County Technical School, Central Dauphin East High School, Central Dauphin High School, Bishop McDevitt High School, or Harrisburg Christian School. The source of funds for this scholarship is from the Rotary Club of Colonial Park Foundation. The Foundation will receive this donation annually and will then be responsible for distribution and follow-up to a qualified candidate. The student must show proof of acceptance into a degree program before the scholarship will be issued.
Financial need, Mechanical Aptitude, School service, Community service, Academic achievement
Checklist of items to be submitted with application:
- Checklist of items to be submitted with application
- Scholarship application
- Copy of high school transcript with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s guidance counselor
- A list of other scholarships the student has applied for
- A letter of recommendation from two individuals in the community, not related to the applicant, who have known the student for a minimum of seven years
- An essay of up to 300 words why the student needs the financial assistance and how your college degree will contribute to your life aspirations
- Financial aid documentation
- Colleges you have applied to and which ones you have been accepted to as of date of this application.
- A 300 word essay about the Engineering Degree program explaining why you would like to study in this program, how it fits within your future goals and what will be your major in college. Include any experiences (e.g. work, research, leadership, or extracurricular) that have been important to you.
- Briefly address any of the following ONLY if it applies to you:
- If you have overcome personal hardship or barriers that impacted your educational pathway.
- If your intent is to pursue more than one major, please provide an intellectual or career justification for the double-degree.